lunes, 30 de agosto de 2010

A comment about Didactics

The trade of education is something great, and the satisfaction of being a teacher I consider is amazing. However, becoming a good teacher requires constant practice and an appropriate guidance.

I felt unconfident to accept a job because someone told me that it was crucial that I took Didactics, which made me muse such as case. I don’t know the teachers goals toward us as student, and I wouldn’t like to be misunderstood, so I just want to provide my point of view about the presentations.

I really need a guidance to carry out an activity in the classroom if I will be evaluated as a teacher who must deal with students, materials and time, because I have never done it before, whereas other students may have experience at teaching. Yet, they also need it. I personally commented this to the teacher, and it worries me because my grades have been low. I understand that there are aspects that the teacher can’t change, for example our personality or style while teaching, but there must be basic tips that we must know, and then, after a bit of theory, we will be quite ready to perform upon them as beginners.

2 comentarios:

  1. I agree with you man, I feel like in this subject only people who are naturally "chatty" will get good results, even though they often make the most mistakes, as they still manage to draw more attention, despite working almost effortlessly...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. HI guys,

    I understand your concerns. If you ask your current teachers, they will tell you funny stories about their beginnings. RElax you are on the way of learning, I hope every suggestion is kept in mind. Henry If I had been you, I would have accepted the job offer. Just by praticing and making mistakes you will how to manage a class. I would like you to talk to your former teachers so they give you tips. However just listening to them does not mean you will teach perfect classes. You must be in the field and deal with real situations.
    If you have the chance, start getting inmersed in this world. Theory will help but the real practice will make you stronger.

    ResponderEliminar