lunes, 23 de agosto de 2010

HI PEOPLE, WHAT IS GOING ON?
I would like to comment a little bit about the last methods that three of my classmates presented.
THE CONTENT BASED INSTRUCTION is one of the approaches they presented, which has very wonderful characteristics, and I consider as a very integral way to teach students to acquire a foreign language.
This approach focus stands on teaching a foreign language by teaching contents detached from the mere purpose of learning a new language. Somehow this fact leads the students through a multi-disciplinary learning; however it would result in a lack of care to the primary objective of learning a new language.
In this approach, students develop each skill as it is needed for learning a foreign language.
We all know how important motivations is so that the learning process can be effective, so this approach seems to take into account this important aspect because it regards about the kind of content the students are going to deal with. It also matters about the needs of each student, so that the students learning can be even.
As the theory mentions, all the skills are rehearsed in this method, and that makes it essential, but students could find some loopholes in here because as the activities are not just focused on learning a language, the students might disregard the main objective of the approach.

COMMUNITY LEARNIG LANGUAGE particularly floors me, due to the dynamism in which English seems to be taught. I have analyzed such as method, and I consider I would learn easily when applied this method because I have discovered that I learn comfortably in a communicative environment. I remember the way I learned vocabulary in Basic English was similar to the active way this method describes.
I remember when I asked my classmates for explanation of unknown words, and what I won’t forget how Luis (the one who jokes with teacher Aida) used to answer my doubts in a gentle way, so I thank him.
This method seems very democratic; by the way, we have talked just about democratic methods, which I think is essential at learning because students need a very comfortable environment to learn properly. As students can choose the topics to discus in the talking activities, everyone will show interest to speak as a community.
There are important characteristics this method has; the teacher is able to translate, and this is also important when studying in low levels.
If students are permitted to think about what issue they will talk when having talking activities, they might lose time while choosing the topic, or they might not find an appropriate one.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario