sábado, 11 de febrero de 2012

Internet skills

In the other hand, we have internet which works along with computers and due to its popularity, we obtain several benefits from it. I the course I took which I mention before, there were classes in which the teacher taught us how to use the internet, that is, how to look information properly. Something he also taught us was how to upload the webpage we designed. I know that there are several new computer programs that make it easier to design a web page so people can have more contact with people through the web. Using the web may seem an easy task, but it can be easier if we learn from any source how to use it properly. Adults are less skillful at computers but some of them struggle to keep updated. Kids in the other hand are pretty skillful now and they impress adults with their expertise at computer tasks. I think that private schools specially.


Often we find the necessity of using a computer and I think about the problem we could face if we were offered a job in which the only impediment we have is that we have to have a basic knowledge about computer. We as teachers have to master some of the most needed computer programs and internet tool otherwise our students can become our teachers in some areas, but putting this point aside, we have to take advantage of any resource to make our work easy. I really find useful my computer to prepare material for my classes and to prepare my lesson plans. I also use some tools like electronic dictionaries to look up words. Internet also provides several resources for making a class enjoyable and meaningful for the students. Internet and computers provide teachers and students with tools and sources that drag education from a traditional sphere making it fun, understandable, sociable and updated. So undoubtedly, we have to master our skills and start enjoying what this tools offer.

2 comentarios:

  1. In fact, computers are very useful because teachers find it easier to assign a homework and then you send it via e-mail, and it is also easy for the teacher to check because he/she just marks what is wrong and he re-sends it in case it needs changes. I find it better to read something on a computer than reading it physically; in other words, I don't like to read printed books.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with you when you say that Internet helps us to save time. I think that working as a teacher is very time consuming, so we can take advantage of the tools internet offers.It doesnot mean that you do not have to take time to prepare your lessons, but at least it helps you to do things in less time. Internet has many advantages, and we must use them to help our students and ourselves. If not, we will die soon.

    ResponderEliminar